Foot Health for the Diabetic Foot
As a diabetic client, there are a few things you should try to keep in mind to care for your sweet feet!
- Never walk barefoot! You may or may not feel when you step on something potentially harmful.
- Wear well fitting shoes (consult the footwear guide for more info).
- Have a peek inside your shoes before you put them on, make sure there’s no little surprises hiding in them.
- Give your feet a good look-over every day to make sure there’s no damage on them. Use a mirror, or ask someone to see the bottoms if your days of gymnastics are behind you.
- Keep your feet clean and dry.
- Moisturize the tops and bottoms of your feet daily, but avoid between your toes. You may find your feet get dry quicker, and moisturizing will prevent them from cracking.
- Trim your toenails regularly to avoid ingrown toenails and other nasty problems.
- Check the temperature of your bath water before you hop in and lather up. Your feet may not tell you if it is volcanic hot, or just right.
Call @ Home Wellness to book an appointment if you see that you are developing sores, or ingrown nails or other problems as soon as possible. Lets try and heal the problem before it gets worse!
At Home Wellness 1-778-581-4325 (HEAL)